- The opportunity to meet other entomologists in many disciplines.
- The house journal Antenna, sent free to Fellows and Members four times per year. Antenna contains articles, comment, correspondence, Society news, reports of meetings, and a comprehensive diary of forthcoming world events in entomology and related subjects.
- Access to the Society's extensive library and the services of the library staff.
- Eligibility to apply for financial assistance for research projects, or for expeditions of high entomological value, or for any purpose that is in accordance with the Society's aims.
- A programme of meetings with invited speakers on a range of entomological subjects. The Society holds annual national meetings and biennial international symposia (e.g. Ento'17).
- Participation in the Society's Special Interest Groups (SIG's), which hold regular meetings. The Society also holds an annual Postgraduate Forum for students.
- The opportunity to subscribe to any or all of the Society's seven scientific journals.
- Purchase the well-known series of Handbooks for the Identification of British Insects, at a special rate. A discount of 30% is offered to Members
Benefits of membership
Membership of the Royal Entomological Society is international and open to all that are interested in entomology. Applications for Fellowship are invited from those who have made a substantial contribution to entomology, through publications or other evidence of achievement. Fellows are entitled to make use of the title "Fellow of the Royal Entomological Society" and the suffix "FRES" may be regarded as an academic qualification. Also, Members may use the suffix "Mem. R.E.S.".
RES membership offers a number of benefits: