Student & Early-Career Entomologist event 'Ento Careers' (online)
Day 1 Wednesday 17th March:
- Session 1: Innovation in Entomology
- Leading entomologists working in industry talk about the diverse paths an entomological career can take you (Syngenta, Spotta, Oxitec and The Bugfarm). Q&A following talks.
- Exciting insect-inspired design activity (with prizes!)
- Session 2: Presidents of Entomology
- Prof. Helen Roy, current President of The Royal Entomological Society, explores how entomology and the scientific community has changed over the years with this timely roundtable discussion. Q&A following talks.
- Evening networking and entomology quiz (with prizes!)
Day 2 Thursday 18th March:
- Session 1: Equality and Diversity in Entomology
- Leading intellectuals discuss their entomological research and personal journey to becoming entomologists
- A roundtable discussion with these speakers will detail the key social issues in entomology, highlight resources for entomologists seeking support groups, and discuss how to make entomology a more inclusive and diverse place for all.
- Equality and Diversity breakout room networking. Discuss your journey to becoming an entomologist!
- Event wrap-up.
Breaks will be spread liberally throughout the event.
Register with the webform, meeting joining links will be sent out a few days before to all those who register.
Manuela Carnaghi, University of Greenwich, M.Q.Carnaghi@greenwich.ac.uk
Charlie Woodrow, University of Lincoln firstname.lastname@example.org
Max Tercel, Cardiff University email@example.com