Job Vacancy at Syngenta Jealott's Hill
Insect Production Technician, Syngenta, Jealott’s Hill International Research Centre
- Carry out day-to-day production and maintenance of insects and insect diet to a standard that meets customers’ requirements using submitted protocols. Highlight problems promptly.
- Effectively plan and coordinate the work programme within Insect Production as outlined by Work Manager.
- Develop technical entomological knowledge and skills through experience of a wide range of production techniques, training courses and attendance at team meetings.
- Take responsibility for designated pieces of equipment, tasks and/or working areas on behalf of the team.
- Identify areas for improvements in efficiency and contribute to problem solving in consultation with work manager and team members.
- Contribute to safety performance by maintaining a clean and safe personal working environment. Comply with all safety procedures and HSE regulations.
- Ensure compliance by self and others with DEFRA, CBD and HSE regulations on containment and use of genetically modified organisms and licensed pests in controlled environment rooms
Experience & Education:
- Excellent working knowledge of Insect production techniques.
- A recognised qualification in Biology including entomology modules (eg National Diploma or Bachelor’s degree) would be a significant advantage.
- Experience of working with breeding insects in a commercial or research environment, or proven aptitude for this type of work.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Good time management skills and able to prioritise tasks.
- Attention to detail and high level of standards with the insects.
- To be considered for this role the successful applicant must be able to demonstrate that they are eligible to live and carry out the particular role in the UK.
- The role will be hands on, at times physically demanding, requiring the preparation and movement of large numbers of plant units and extensive glasshouse working.
Full details of the role and how to apply can be found here: https://syngenta.taleo.net/careersection/unitedkingdom/jobdetail.ftl?job=18010124&tz=GMT%2B01%3A00&tzname=Europe%2FLondon