About the journal
Agricultural and Forest Entomology publishes papers on entomological research in agroecosystems and managed forests, including original research papers on the biology, population dynamics, impact and management of insect and other arthropod pests of forest, agricultural and horticultural crops. All cropping systems within these sectors are of interest, including forest plantations, semi-natural forest stands, seed orchards, fruit orchards, agroforestry systems, grassland, arable and horticultural field and protected crops. Agricultural and Forest Entomology will also publish papers on the management of agroecosystems and managed forests for the diversity of insects and other arthropods, including pollinators.
We are seeking two entomologists to join the Editors-in-Chief of Agricultural and Forest Entomology. You will join a team of three other Editors-in-Chief and around 20 Associate Editors. This is a voluntary position but some financial support is available to attend Royal Entomology Society strategy meetings and to act as an advocate for the journal at international conferences. We are looking for an enthusiastic researcher who is committed to building the profile of the journal and handling manuscripts with integrity.
We welcome candidates from any area of agricultural and forest entomology.
You will have:
- Have an active publication record within the scope of the journal
- Have experience of reviewing work in the field
- Be able to work within the team of editors actively to develop and promote the journal
- Be committed to the Royal Entomology Society vision and mission, and actively engage with it
- Show awareness of current developments in scientific publishing (e.g., open access, open data).
- Show a demonstrable commitment to equality, diversity and inclusivity in scientific publishing.
- Have previous editorial experience (Associate Editor) for one or more journals in the field.
- Assess submissions for suitability, and make final decisions on publication based on advice of the editorial board and reviewers
- Identify emerging topics and work with the team to commission high-quality content
- Promote the journal at key meetings at conferences and support its promotion on social media
- Work with the editorial team to drive the strategic direction of the journal
We value diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and areas of society.
We welcome informal discussions about the role prior to application. Anyone interested in an informal discussion should contact any of the journal’s current Editors-in-Chief, Allan Watt, Laurel Haavik and Adam Vanbergen, or the RES Head of Publishing, Emilie Aimé.
To apply, please send a short covering letter and a two page CV to RES Head of Publishing Emilie Aimé.