Antenna is the Royal Entomological Society’s quarterly member magazine, sharing insect science from our global community with a 2,000+ strong membership across 60 different countries.
We are seeking an active RES Member or Fellow with a passion for science communication and a keen eye for detail to co-edit Antenna. You will join a team of two other experienced volunteer Editors and team of Associate Editors, and will be supported by the Society’s expert in-house staff team, particularly the Editorial Coordinator and Head of Publishing.
- Take editorial responsibility for up to two issues of the magazine per year
- Support the Co-editors with issues you are not lead editor for
- Work closely with the other Editors and Associate Editors to solicit high-quality content
- Copy-edit and proofread content
- Suggest new ideas for development of Antenna and attend annual editorial board meetings and quarterly editor meetings.
We value diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and areas of society.
We welcome informal discussions about the role prior to application. Anyone interested in an informal discussion should contact either of the current Editors, Richard Harrington or Dafydd Lewis, or the RES Head of Publishing, Emilie Aimé
To apply please send a short covering letter and a two-page CV to RES Head of Publishing Emilie Aimé (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 14th July.