The RES is launching a new Education and Training Committee in 2023 and we are looking for RES members to join.
This will be an opportunity to help shape the future path of education and training at the Society, enabling the Society to enrich the world with insect science.
Some exciting new programmes that will be explored initially include:
- A new CPD programme for entomologists
- A new schools education programme both in the UK and globally
- Establish a new bursary programme for undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Working more with other partners and stakeholders
The committee, to be chaired by Dr Joe Roberts, will meet around three times each year. These will either be virtual or hybrid meetings. They will also be scheduled at various times to enable all time zones to be included where possible. The committee members will support the work of the RES staff team in between meetings.
The RES hugely values equity, diversity and inclusivity and the valuable input that our global membership brings. We want the new committee to reflect all areas and backgrounds of our community.
We would love to hear from:
- Entomologists from academia and industry, enthusiasts, experts or keen amateurs.
- Those who have experience or an interest in education from around the globe.
- All ages – including early career entomologists, students, members and fellows.
The Royal Entomological Society
The Royal Entomological Society is devoted to the understanding and development of insect science. We support international collaboration, research and publication. We aim to show every person how remarkable and valuable insects are and want to enrich the world with insect science. The Society established in 1833 has a growing global membership with an ambitious strategy to increase the impact and relevance of insect science.
The new Education and Training Committee will discuss and work on a number of topics. In particular, we would welcome applicants with an understanding or skill in any of the following areas:
- Undergraduate/Postgraduate teaching
- School education and curriculum
- Training – including professional development, charter programmes and accreditation
- Mentoring programmes
Please send a short covering letter explaining why you wish to be part of the committee and your most recent CV.
The application closing date is 2 June 2023.
Please send your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For an informal conversation on the role please contact email@example.com.