The Royal Entomological Society is looking to recruit an Events Manager.
The key focus of the role…
This is a new role and area of working for the Royal Entomological Society. It will allow an individual to make a real difference with a sustainable source of funding for insect science for years to come. In addition, the successful candidate will be allowed to develop their portfolio and successes. At an exciting time for the Society, this role will have a number of opportunities to grow whilst making a real difference.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Significant experience of professional event management for a range of audiences.
- Strong evidence of success organising events and achieving the objectives intended during and after each event.
- A proven track record in event administration and communication, with analytical and communication skills allowing the successes and improvements to be communicated to the whole team.
- Proven background in marketing events to potential delegates, sponsors and exhibitors (online and in person).
- Demonstratable experience in building partnerships and relationships with venues, event partners and sponsors.
- Excellent understanding of the not-for-profit sector and how meetings and conferences achieve an organisation’s charitable objectives (desirable)
- Good standard of IT literacy, such as Microsoft Office and CRM packages
- Excellent standards of numeracy and literacy skills with experience of presenting financial and performance data to a range of audiences.
- Demonstrate creativity and use of initiative to achieve targets.
For more Information and to apply for the role, please follow the link to Charity People: Events Manager – Charity People
Closing date: 31st Oct 2022
Proposed interview date 8th November 2022
Flexible - Main office located in St Albans, Hertfordshire, England, UK