The RES is looking for people to join its Finance Committee.
The Finance Committee supports Council in ensuring that the Society is financially sound and viable at all times by ensuring that:
• the financial plans of the Society reflect its priorities, objectives and operational plans
- the Society complies with relevant statutory and regulatory requirements in relation to financial management and reporting;
- the financial policies and practices of the Society are in line with good practice in the charity sector;
- the Society’s assets are properly managed and enhanced, and that proper policies and procedures are in place for their safe-keeping;
- the financial risks of the Society are adequately identified and managed;
- the Society uses resources efficiently and effectively in fulfilling its objectives.
It does this by providing support, advise and expertise to the Society, in particular giving staff extra guidance where needed, so that they can deliver against the business plan.
The committee is chaired by Dr Gia Aradottir and meets around four times each year. These will either be virtual or hybrid meetings. They will also be scheduled at various times to enable all time zones to be included where possible. The committee members will support the work of the RES staff team in between meetings.
The RES hugely values equity, diversity and inclusivity and the valuable input that our global membership brings. We want the new committee to reflect all areas and backgrounds of our community.
We would love to hear from:
- Entomologists from academia and industry, enthusiasts, experts or keen amateurs that have experience of financial management.
- Non-members with finance baground or experience of investment management.
- All ages – including early career entomologists, students, members and fellows.
The Royal Entomological Society
The Royal Entomological Society is devoted to the understanding and development of insect science. We support international collaboration, research and publication. We aim to show every person how remarkable and valuable insects are and want to enrich the world with insect science. The Society established in 1833 has a growing global membership with an ambitious strategy to increase the impact and relevance of insect science.
The new Education and Training Committee will discuss and work on a number of topics. In particular, we would welcome applicants with an understanding or skill in any of the following areas:
- Organisational finance and budgeting
- Accounting, MBA or business qualification
- Investment management
- Human Resources
Please send a short covering letter explaining why you wish to be part of the committee and a short CV.
The application closing date is 2 June 2023.
Please send your completed application to email@example.com.
For an informal conversation on the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org