Insect Molecular Biology has been dedicated to providing researchers with the opportunity to publish high quality original research on topics broadly related to insect molecular biology since 1992. We’re excited to welcome a new EiC to our fantastic team.
We are seeking an active academic entomologist to join the Editors-in-Chief of Insect Molecular Biology, who will work to raise our profile to a global audience. You will join a team of two other Editors-in-Chief and around 30 Associate Editors.
This is a voluntary position with financial support available to attend RES strategy meetings and to act as an advocate for the journal at international conferences. We are looking for an enthusiastic researcher who is committed to building the profile of the journal and handling manuscripts with integrity.
We welcome candidates from any area of any area of insect molecular biology, with no preference for a particular area of expertise.
- Have an active publication record within the scope of the journal
- Have experience of reviewing work in the field
- Be able to work within the team of editors actively to develop and promote the journal
- Be committed to the RES vision and mission, and actively engage with it
- Show awareness of current developments in scientific publishing (e.g., open access, open data).
- Show a demonstrable commitment to equality, diversity and inclusivity in scientific publishing.
- Have previous editorial experience (Associate Editor) for one or more journals in the field.
- Assess submissions for suitability, and make final decisions on submissions based on advice of the editorial board and reviewers
- Identify emerging topics and work with the team to commission high-quality content
- Promote the journal at key meetings at conferences and support its promotion on social media
- Work with the editorial team to drive the strategic direction of the journal
We value diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and areas of society.
We welcome informal discussions about the role prior to application. Anyone interested in an informal discussion should contact any of the journal’s current Editors-in-Chief, Mark Paine, Jenn Brisson, Jake Tu, or the RES Head of Publishing Emilie Aimé
To apply please send a short covering letter and a two page CV to RES Head of Publishing Emilie Aimé