The Society is seeking a Society Representative for Scotland.
The role involves encouraging people to join, and participate in, the Society and overseeing a programme of Regional in-person events. This doesn’t mean that you’d have to organise the events, but it does mean that you’d need to find people willing to do so. Regional Reps are part of the Meetings Committee, which meets twice a year online.
- A member or Fellow of the Society
- Based in Scotland
- Enthusiasm for entomology
- Oversee a program of Regional entomology meetings
- Encourage people to join the Society and participate in activities
- Attend Meetings Committee, which meets twice a year online
- Increase your network
- Enhance your CV
- Contribute to the success of the Society
Informal enquiries about the role are very welcome. Please contact Richard Harrington if you have any questions, large or small.
How to apply
To apply please send a brief expression of interest and a short CV to:
Richard Harrington (Chair of Meetings Committee)
The only qualifications needed are an enthusiasm for entomology and entomologists, and good organisational skills – traits that exist in the youngest students to the oldest retirees. The appointments are made by Council.
We value diversity and welcome applications from anyone, regardless of career stage or background.