About the journal
Ecological Entomology publishes top-quality original research on the ecology of insects and related invertebrate taxa. Our aim is to publish papers that will be of considerable interest to the wide community of ecologists who are motivated by ecological or evolutionary theory. The journal is well respected in the community and is in its 47th Volume.
We are seeking an active academic entomologist to join the Editors-in-Chief of Ecological Entomology, who will work to raise our profile to a global audience. You will join a team of three other Editors-in-Chief and around 50 Associate Editors.
This is a voluntary position with financial support available to attend RES strategy meetings and to act as an advocate for the journal at international conferences. We are looking for an enthusiastic researcher who is committed to building the profile of the journal and handling manuscripts with integrity.
We welcome candidates from any area of ecological entomology, but we particularly welcome applicants with interests that complement our current editorial team, for example evolutionary ecology, molecular ecology, macroecology, behaviour or multitrophic interactions.
- Have an active publication record within the scope of the journal
- Have experience of reviewing work in the field
- Be able to work within the team of editors actively to develop and promote the journal
- Be committed to the RES vision and mission, and actively engage with it
- Show awareness of current developments in scientific publishing (e.g., open access, open data).
- Show a demonstrable commitment to equality, diversity and inclusivity in scientific publishing.
- Have previous editorial experience (Associate Editor) for one or more journals in the field.
- Assess submissions for suitability, and make final decisions on submissions based on advice of the editorial board and reviewers
- Identify emerging topics and work with the team to commission high-quality content
- Promote the journal at key meetings at conferences and support its promotion on social media
- Work with the editorial team to drive the strategic direction of the journal
We value diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and areas of society.
We welcome informal discussions about the role prior to application. Anyone interested in an informal discussion should contact any of the journal’s current Editors-in-Chief, Francis Gilbert, Sheena Cotter, Rosa Menéndez or Robert Wilson, or the RES Head of Publishing Emilie Aimé
To apply please send a short covering letter and a two page CV to RES Head of Publishing Emilie Aimé