We are looking for Society Representatives for Wales and for Southeast England (Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Essex, Kent, Surrey, Sussex, London, Berkshire, Hampshire).
The role of Society Reps (these are indicative and flexible)
- Represent the Society in your area, encourage entomologists to join, and develop a sense of community among members.
- Ensure that there are some RES entomological meetings within your area (but also open to those outside the area), ideally at least one per year, by, e.g.,
- Encouraging Special Interest Groups to hold meetings in the area
- Encouraging meetings with a more general theme than SIGs, for example reflecting entomological interests of the area
- Encouraging field meetings and other types of meeting.
- Be a member of the Meetings Committee and report on activities.
Support from the Society
- The Society will communicate your messages to members in your area.
- The Society will ensure that SIG Convenors are aware of the reps.
- The Society will provide administrative and promotional support for meetings.
- The Society will deal with the finance of meetings and pay reps’ expenses.
- The Society will always be on hand to help with anything you need and to answer questions.
If you are interested, please contact Richard Harrington (email@example.com) for a no-obligations discussion.
Click here to View our current Society Representatives.