- This event has passed.
CONNECTED – Online Conference
28 June 2022 @ 08:00 – 30 June 2022 @ 16:00
The Royal Entomological Society frequently hosts and advertises UK and international events year-round for people of all stages of interest and career.
Becoming a member entitles you to discounted (and sometimes free) access to the majority of events.
Bringing together plant pathologists, entomologists and agricultural innovators, this event will build new connections between disciplines and researchers, zoning in on the most crucial areas of interdisciplinary research needed to improve global food security.
The conference will include scientific talks and poster sessions, plenaries from world-class leaders in plant vector-borne disease, workshops to explore priority research questions, opportunities and challenges, plus emerging community needs – all expertly facilitated.
Confirmed speakers to date include:
- Dr Adrian Valli, Principal Investigator, Spanish National Center for Biotechnology (CNB-CSIC), Spain
- Prof. Shirley Luckhart, Co-Director of Institute for Health in the Human Ecosystem, University of Idaho, USA
- Dr Saliou Niassy, Head of Agricultural Technology Transfer Unit, ICIPE – International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology, Kenya
- Dr Christophe Lacomme, Senior Virologist, Science and Advice for Scottish Agriculture (SASA), Scotland
- Dr Taro Takahashi, Senior Lecturer in Sustainable Livestock Systems and Food Security, and Joint Food Security Theme Research Lead at Cabot Institute for the Environment, University of Bristol, United Kingdom
There will also be significant opportunities and designated space for professional networking, plus twenty places available on a Scriptoria grant-writing workshop in the lead-up to the conference. There are also chances to speak – until the end of April we will be accepting applications to give a talk.
The conference will encompass:
- Current and emerging issues and questions in plant vector-borne disease research
- Innovation and translation of plant vector-borne disease research outputs into technologies/solutions/applications
- Interdisciplinarity in plant vector-borne disease – and the future collaborations needed
In addition to CONNECTED Network Members, we extend our invitations to this event to all members of the British Society for Plant Pathology (BSPP) and the Royal Entomological Society (RES). We hope that bringing these three research communities together to share knowledge, to connect and to collaborate, will help us all to find the interdisciplinary solutions needed to better solve the problems caused by insect-borne plant diseases.
Register now on Eventbrite from the ConnectedVirus.net website.
This event is sponsored by the British Society for Plant Pathology.