We have membership plans suitable for anybody over the age of 18.
If you know anyone younger than 18 years of age interested in insect science, please direct them to the Amateur Entomologists’ Society who offer different levels of membership for young people and enthusiasts.
We are a community of members and fellows devoted to the study and science of insects. Membership is open to anyone (over 18 years of age) who has an interest in entomology, and does not require any academic qualifications or evidence of experience.
Membership offers many benefits:
- The opportunity to meet other entomologists in many disciplines.
- The right to vote in RES elections.
- Use of the suffix Mem.RES.
- The Society’s bulletin Antenna is free and accessible online to fellows and members four times a year. It contains articles, comment, news, reports and is a great way to keep up with events on entomology and related subjects. Members can opt in to receive a hard copy using your online account, or read the PDF versions online. (Members can visit ‘my account – my profile‘ and select ‘no’ to Go Paperless to ensure they receive physical copies of Antenna)
- Eligibility to apply for awards, grants and funding.
- Access to the Society’s extensive library and the services of the library staff, as well as online access to over 200 journal titles in the biological, ecological, and environmental sciences via BioOne Complete.
- Free or discounted meetings and conferences with invited speakers on a wide range of entomological subjects.
- Free online access to all of the Society’s seven scientific journals.
- Participation in the Society’s Special Interest Groups (SIGs), which hold regular meetings.
- A discount of 30% on books and handbooks.
- Access to our exclusive CPD Programme (to launch in 2023)
- Access to our exclusive mENTOrship Programme (to launch in 2023)
Begin by telling us your interests, you will enter your name and contact details later in the process. We look forward to welcoming you into our community.
We offer discounted Membership for retired Members and those in low- and middle-income countries.
* Please see our list on qualifying low- and middle- income countries before applying for LMIC membership.
** Our policy states that one should be over 65 years of age and officially retired to qualify for our Retired Membership/Fellowship rates.
Have you made a significant contribution to their science, through evidence of achievement, experience or publications?
Apply for Fellowship to enhance your resumé and support others with your expertise, and for more benefits offered by the Royal Entomological Society.
£65.00 / year
Join our community! Membership is open to anyone with an interest in insect science. Discounts are offered below for anyone who is a student, retired or based in a low- and middle-income country.